A New Hyper-V video training has been published by Packt Publishing last month, it’s named “Building and Managing a Virtual Environment with Hyper-V Server 2012 R2” authored by Mr. Eric Siron.
I am happy to announce that I was selected to review the training and post my feedback.
What you will learn from this video course:
- Bring your Hyper-V nodes together into a cluster, remove failed nodes, and add new computer systems.
- Explore the needs and the variety of storage options for a Hyper-V cluster.
- Use the built-in graphical tools to manage your nodes and virtual machines.
- Employ various methods to move virtual machines across nodes and clusters.
- Use PowerShell and go beyond clustering to manage your nodes and virtual machines.
- Gain a basic understanding of licensing Windows Server in a virtual environment.
- Learn how to monitor the performance of your Hyper-V systems and meter virtual machines.
- Get introduced to the cloud-enabling features of System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
And here is the table of content for your reference:
- Preparing the Nodes
- Installing Hyper-V
- Installing the Hyper-V PowerShell Module
- Installing the Hyper-V Manager and Failover Cluster Manager
- Network Adapter Teaming
- The Hyper-V Virtual Switch
- Building the Cluster
- Configuring Cluster Networks
- Connecting to Storage
- Cluster Validation
- Cluster Creation
- Adding Nodes and Storage to an Existing Cluster
- Virtual Machine Storage in a Cluster
- Virtual Machine Files
- Cluster Shared Volumes
- Virtual Machines on SMB Shares
- Storage and Share Permissions
- Splitting Virtual Machine Storage
- Manipulating Virtual Machines in the GUI
- Creating and Deleting Virtual Machines
- Adjusting Memory Settings
- Working with Hard Drives
- Changing Network Settings
- Manipulating Automatic Actions
- Manipulating Virtual Machines in PowerShell
- Creating and Deleting Virtual Machines(PowerShell)
- Adjusting Virtual Machine Memory(PowerShell)
- Working with Hard Drives(PowerShell)
- Changing Network Settings(PowerShell)
- Manipulating Automatic Actions(PowerShell)
- Virtual Machine Mobility
- Live Migrations
- Quick Migrations
- Storage Live Migrations
- Shared Nothing Live Migrations
- Cluster Protection
- Hyper-V Replica Setup
- Hyper-V Replica Failover and Failback
- Quality of Service
- Cluster Aware Updating
- Cluster Maintenance
- Hyper-V Checkpoints
- Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer
- Hyper-V Monitoring and Metering
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager
If you are novice or experienced Hyper-V, I would recommend you to get a copy of the training since the video course covers level 100 information up to level 300, and the course is 3 and a half hours, I am sure that you might find something interesting here.
Do you want to get a copy and save 15%?
The video course is available to download immediately from Packt Publishing website after registration: here.
Until next time,