You can see now all protected items, disk utilization, and information on cloud recovery points in Recovery Services Vault in Azure Portal. This will give a single view across all protected workloads from on-premises to Azure.
To see this additional information, take the following steps:
1) Open Azure Portal.
2) Select the Recovery Services Vault that is used for SCDPM / MABS protection.
3) Under MANAGE, select Backup Infrastructure, under MANAGEMENT SERVERS, select Backup Management Servers
4) Select the desired management server as shown in the screenshot below:
5) Once you see the management server details, click on the number below Backup items (In my case, I have 10 items). Then the data will be fetched from the backup service as shown in the following screenshot. You can see the total Disk Utilization and the list of Backup items.
6) If you click on any of the backup items. You can see Disk Recovery Points (on-premises) and Cloud Recovery Points (Azure) with their Disk Usage.
This enhancement is supported for all System Center Data Protection Manager (2012 R2, 2016, 2019, and 2022) and Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS V1, MABS V2, and MABS V3) connected to Azure Recovery Services Vault and running the latest Azure Backup Agent Version (MARS).
This is a big step forward… A big thank you to the Azure Backup Team for continuous enhancement.
Stay tuned for something awesome coming soon!
Thank you for reading my blog.
If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment.