Vembu BDR Suite provides complete, hassle-free, universal Backup and Disaster Recovery (DR) solution for both physical and virtual environments. It features host level backups of VMware and Hyper-V VMs and the physical machines of Windows, Linux, and MAC.
Vembu BDR Suite also allows granular recovery of files, folders, and applications. Using the advanced patented storage technology, Vembu implements distributed Backup & DR operations in a centrally managed data protection environment.
In May 2018, Vembu announced the release of Vembu BDR Suite V3.9.1. And in less than 5 months, Vembu just announced the latest release of their flagship offering, Vembu BDR Suite V4.0 which includes a Standard Edition designed keeping Small businesses in mind.
Vembu BDR Suite has been satisfying all disaster recovery demands for a long time now. It is a comprehensive solution, designed to protect critical data across hybrid IT environments like Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (SaaS applications).
In this blog post, I would like to share with you the latest enhancements and new features introduced in Vembu BDR Suite V4.0.
The following enhancement were introduced in Vembu BDR Suite V4.0.
- In Vembu ImagBackup, if the backup job gets interrupted due to network failure, it will resume from where it was left off.
- All backup related requests are triggered by the BDR backup server, the proxy agent will only process the request sent by the BDR Server.
- You can now configure the specification of the Virtual Hardware during the live recovery like the socket and core counts, memory, hard disk provision type, and network adapter.
- During the recovery of the backed-up Hyper-V, a separate agent is pushed to the target machine for performing the full VM recovery.
- For all Hyper-V VMs, you can individually select the VM to which you want to enable Application Aware processing.
- You can now abort the replication job from the Vembu OffsiteDR server.
- You can now activate or deactivate a particular BDR server connected to an OffsiteDR server.
- You will get a report for Quick VM recovery process with details like VM Name, Recovery point, Start and End time, target hypervisor and the status of the recovery.
- The new set of APIs is designed to give a detailed report on storage utilization like the size of the VM, storage space utilized by a backup job, compression rate etc.
- Previously, after the initial full backup, the newly added disk of the VM is backed up only on the next additional full backup. From v4.0, the newly added disk will be backed up along with the successive incremental.
The following new features were added in Vembu BDR Suite V4.0.
- Hyper-V cluster backup: Vembu support backing up the VMs in the cluster and even if VMs configured for backup are moved from one host to another, the incremental backup will continue to happen without any interruption.
- Shared VHDx backup: Vembu supports backup of the shared VHDx of Hyper-V. This is big one, for longtime we were waiting for shared VHDx support, and now with the latest release from Vembu, you can protect your guest clusters running on top of Hyper-V.
- CheckSum based incrementals: Vembu uses CBT for incremental backups. And for some CBT failure cases, we will be using CheckSum for the incremental to happen without any interruption.
- Credential Manager: No need to enter credentials every time, Vembu Credential manager allows you to manage the credentials of the host and the VMs running in it.
No matter how simple or complex your IT environment is, the Standard Edition of Vembu BDR Suite will be a competent BDR solution for your business, thereby ensuring the right value for your money.
Thank you for reading my blog.
If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment.