On February 1st, 2020, Microsoft Azure celebrated its 10th birthday. I had the honor and privilege to be interviewed by Nigel Frank International about the last 10 years, and how I experienced Azure when it all started and evolved till the platform as we know it today together with Thomas Maurer Cloud Advocate at Microsoft, and fellow MVP Mark Scholman.
The codename Project Red Dog might not mean much to IT aficionados in 2020 but dial the clock back 12 years and it was a label whipping up a storm on message boards and across user groups in the tech community.
In this interview, we addressed the following questions:
- When did you first encounter Azure, and what was your initial assessment?
- Did you encounter any skepticism in the early days, surrounding both Azure and wider cloud technology?
- In the ten years since Azure’s official launch, has the product evolved as you expected?
- How does each of you view the influence Azure has had on the cloud technology industry?
- Can you pinpoint any turning points over the last ten years when Azure stood out as something of a game-changer?
- What would you like to see next from Microsoft Azure?
I hope you enjoy the interview as much as we did!
Thank you for reading my blog.
If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment.