StarWind has been named as Finalist for the SVC Awards 2014 in three categories:
· Storage Virtualization Product of the Year
· Storage Management Product of the Year
· Virtualization Management Product of the Year
This is the Press release: http://www.starwindsoftware.com/news/118
Please make sure to vote before November 6th, 2014
Here are the free webinars for the month of November:
1. Reduce Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Expenses with Windows Server Clustering and Geo-Clustering!
In this free webinar, we will discuss the technical issues involved in implementing DR in a virtual server environment and will show you how using the StarWind Virtual SAN solution can help increase the availability of your business critical workloads. Topics covered will include:
· Windows Failover Clustering requirements
· Quorum, networking and storage considerations
· Geo-Clustering for disaster recovery
· Using StarWind Virtual SAN with hyper-converged multi-node scale-out clusters
Thursday, November 13, 2:00 PM ET
Michael Otey, Senior Technical Director for Windows IT Pro
2. Webinar: How to Reduce Disaster Recovery Expenses up to 50% DR & BC Best Practices for Virtual Environments
Thursday, November 6, 2:00 PM BST
Chris M Evans, Independent Consultant, Langton Blue Ltd.
Want to reduce IT expenses and help your business comply with the legal requirements? To do so, you’ll need to implement a comprehensive Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC / DR) strategy.
Join our webinar to learn why having an effective disaster recovery plan is so important and the additional protection one gets you over simple application or server resiliency. We’ll discuss the technical details involved in implementing a DR strategy in a virtual server environment that includes the StarWind Virtual SAN solution.
During the webinar you’ll learn:
· The business need for BC/DR
· Why BC/DR is different from simple hardware resiliency
· Strategies for implementing BC/DR based on application and business Service Level Objectives
· Choosing between storage array and hypervisor based recovery solutions
· Choosing between VM-level and LUN-level recovery solutions
· Technical solutions for BC/DR with virtual servers, including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere and open source platforms
· Vendor roundup – 3rd Party recovery solutions for virtual environments
3. Live Webinar: Building a Highly Available Hyper-V Cluster Using Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server
Tuesday, November 11, 1:00 PM GMT
Alexander Karavanov, Virtualization Security Engineer, 5nine Software
Virtualization experts from 5nine and StarWind tell how to create a cost effective and highly available Hyper-V failover cluster.
Discover best practices on how to:
· Benefit from highly available Hyper-V failover cluster
· Simplify the cluster and VM management using 5nine Manager for Hyper-V
· Cut costs, increase resilience and minimize hardware footprint with StarWind Virtual SAN
· Adopt the needs of your environment with easy scale up and scale out
Special Offer: Attend the webinar and get a chance to win a FREE 6-month NFR license key for StarWind Virtual SAN!
Enjoy the Webinars!