Over the past few months, I’ve been actively busy working as Technical Reviewer for the Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) 20537A: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack.
I am very proud and grateful for the opportunity I have been given to review this course.
I want to thank the content developers Ryan Boud and Justin Kimber for the amazing work they’ve done in this course. Kudos to INFRAMON team!!!
This course is intended for IT Professionals, DevOps, and Cloud Architects who are interested in using Microsoft Azure Stack to provide cloud services to their end users or customers from within their own datacenter. This 5-day Instructor-led classroom-based training will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure Microsoft Azure Stack. Using hands-on labs, students will learn the following:
Module 1: Overview of Azure Stack
- Describe the key features and functionality of Azure Stack
- Understand the differences between Azure Stack and Microsoft Azure
- Understand the differences between Azure Stack and Windows Azure Pack
Module 2: Foundational Components of Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand how Windows Server 2016 and the optional System Center 2016 features are used in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand how identity and authentication works in Microsoft Azure Stack
Module 3: Deploying Microsoft Azure Stack
- Describe the Architecture of Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand the prerequisites for Microsoft Azure Stack
- Install Microsoft Azure Stack
Module 4: Offering Microsoft Azure Stack Resources
- Configure Offers and Plans in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Manage the Microsoft Azure Stack Marketplace
- Enable multi-tenancy in Azure Stack
- Integrate Azure Stack with Windows Azure Pack
Module 5: Microsoft Azure Stack and DevOps
- Understand the technologies used by DevOps in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand Templates in Azure Resource Manager
- Understand the third-party Resource Providers available for Microsoft Azure Stack
Module 6: Infrastructure as a Service and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand the Software Defined Networking improvements with Microsoft Azure Stack and Windows Server 2016
- Configure Azure Stack Storage
- Deploy Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure Stack
Module 7: Platform as a Service and Microsoft Azure Stack
- Describe Platform as a Service
- Configure the SQL and MySQL Resource Provider
- Configure the App Service Resource Provider
- Understand how Key Vault operates in Azure Stack
- Understand how Azure Functions operates in Azure Stack
Module 8: Monitoring in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Describe the Field Replaceable Unit concept in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Describe Control Plane Monitoring in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Understand how Patching is managed in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Monitor Guest Workloads in Microsoft Azure Stack
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Azure Stack
Module 9: License Microsoft Azure Stack and Billing Tenants
- Understand how Azure Stack is billed
- Use the Azure Consistent Usage API
- Understand business costs and models in Azure Stack
Microsoft is also working on the 70-537 Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack certification exam which is currently in development and is planned to be released in January 2018. At this time there is very limited information about what the exam objectives will be covering, however, with the release of the Microsoft Official Courseware 20537A: Configuring and Operating a Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure Stack, you will be armed with the required knowledge to pass this exam successfully.
I highly encourage you to find the nearest Microsoft Learning Partner near you and attend this course in-person.
I hope you enjoy the course as much as I enjoyed reviewing it.