Azure Storage is evolving, and new features are being added constantly. No matter what solution you are building for the cloud, you will find a compelling use for Azure Storage. Azure Storage’s essential training course will teach you the latest and greatest features of Azure storage has to offer IT, professionals, and developers.
Over the past year, I’ve been actively working on my first LinkedIn learning course – Azure Storage Essential Training.
In This Article
Applications and infrastructure work with information or data. Applications create, transform, model, or operate with that information. Regardless of the type or volume of the data that your application uses, sooner or later, you need to save it persistently so that it can be used later.
Azure Storage is a Microsoft cloud storage solution for modern data storage scenarios. Azure Storage offers a massively scalable object store for data objects, a file system service for the cloud, a messaging store for reliable messaging, and a NoSQL store.
This course gives you a broad level of knowledge on the overall landscape of Azure Storage and an introduction to all the concepts.
This course focuses on providing hands-on knowledge to employ and manage data storage strategies on Azure effectively, and the latest and greatest features of Azure storage have to offer for IT professionals and developers. In particular, you can explore Azure Blob Storage, Azure Files, and Azure Queues, as well as security, import and export, and backup services for Azure Storage.
I am so happy and grateful that students are finding this course easy and useful.
Who this course for
This course is designed for IT professionals and developers who work with cloud storage in general, and Azure Storage in particular.
What this course covers
Here are the details of what this course covers and what to expect to learn after watching it:
0) Chapter 0, Introduction.
- Introduction to Azure Storage. A quick look at Azure Storage and why storage is needed for every project.
- Azure Storage Services. After watching this video, you’ll be able to understand all Azure Storage Services.
1) Chapter 1, Develop solutions for Azure Blob Storage.
- Azure storage accounts and replication. After watching this video, you’ll learn about the Azure storage accounts and the replication options. When you examine all replication options, you can build highly available and resilient applications.
- Binary Large Object (Blob) storage. Weigh what Azure blob storage has to offer and why you need to use it to store your data the right way.
- Blob Containers. Learn how to create blob containers and use PowerShell to automate the process of creating many containers.
- Blob Access Tiers. Understand how to differentiate between blob storage access tiers and judge why you need to consider them to optimize your storage costs.
- Blob Lifecycle Management. After watching this video, you’ll be able to discuss the Lifecycle Management Policy and apply it to data sets with unique lifecycle. When you examine your data sets, you can develop policy rules to manage your data lifecycle and save on costs.
- Managing Blobs. Learn to apply the different methods to manage Azure blobs.
2) Chapter 2, Develop solutions for Azure Files.
- Azure Files. In this video, you will learn about the Azure Files service and the common use cases.
- Azure Files versus Azure Blobs. Sometimes it is difficult to decide when to use Azure Files versus Azure blobs for your project. After watching this video, you’ll be able to distinguish the benefits of each service.
- Managing File Shares. After watching this video, you will learn the different methods to manage Azure File Shares.
- File Share snapshots. In this video, you will learn why it’s so important to protect your data using the snapshot capability in Azure File Shares.
- Replace on-premises server with Azure Files. In this video, you will learn about the ability to join your Azure file share to your on-premises Active Directory domain.
- Azure File Sync. This video will learn how Azure File Sync can transform your Windows Server into a quick cache.
- Implementing Azure File Sync. After watching this video, you will learn how to implement Azure File Sync.
3) Chapter 3, Develop solutions for Azure Queues.
- Azure storage queues. A closer look at Azure Queues components and what are the use cases.
- Manage queues. After watching this video, you’ll learn how to perform common Queue storage operations with PowerShell.
- Develop with queues. In this video, you will learn how to create, add and delete messages from Azure Storage queues using .NET.
4) Chapter 4, Secure Azure Storage.
- Secure storage data. Storage security is a core element of cloud security. As you start building your application, you need to fully understand and incorporate data location and access into your planning for the use of the data lifecycle.
- Storage Security and Authorization. In this video, you’ll identify the storage encryption, access control, and authorization options to secure your data.
- Shared Access Signatures. After watching this video, you’ll understand the different options you can use to share your storage resources the right way.
- Storage Service Encryption. In this video, you’ll learn about storage service encryption and how to managed keys to protect your data.
- Blob Storage Access Policies. In this video, you will examine immutable storage for data recovery and disposal rules, which is an essential aspect of managing your organization’s data assets.
- Storage Security Best Practices. After watching this video, you’ll identify several storage security best practices that you can apply in your organization today to protect your data.
5) Chapter 5, Manage Azure Storage.
- Azure Storage Explorer. Managing data efficiently is important. This video will see how to operate on your storage accounts with the Azure Storage Explorer application.
- Import and Export Service. After watching this video, you will examine the Azure import and export service to securely send large amounts of data to Azure Blob storage and Azure Files.
- AzCopy tool. In this video, you will discover an alternative method for transferring data to Azure storage with the AzCopy tool.
- Using Azure Storage SDK. In this video, you will learn how to create, upload, and download blob files from your storage account using the Azure Blob storage client library for .NET.
6) Chapter 6, Backup Azure Storage.
- Protect Azure File Shares. Protecting your data and making sure it’s safe is very important. In this video, we’ll look at how to protect your data in Azure file shares with the Azure Backup service and Azure Defender for Storage.
- Backup Azure File Shares. In this video, you’ll examine step-by-step how to backup Azure file shares with the Azure Backup service.
- Protect Azure Blob Storage. In this video, we’ll look at how to protect your data in Azure blob storage with the Azure Backup service and object replication.
- Backup and replication for Azure Blobs. In this video, you’ll examine step-by-step how to backup and replicate Azure blob storage.
7) Chapter 7, Conclusion.
- Learning Never Stops.
Additionally, by the end of each chapter, you will have an assessment questionnaire to complete with multiple questions which will help you to grasp the material discussed in each chapter.
Online courses don’t record, edit, and publish themselves. I would like to say a big thank you to my wife and family for their support and patience while I was busier than usual the last year, and for always supporting the crazy things I want to do. They are the reason that I can fulfill my dream and follow my passion.
Certainly, the learning course wouldn’t be possible at all without the Linkedin Learning team supporting all the instructors in different projects running simultaneously. I want to say a big thank you to the Associate Content Manager Aishwarya Aravind, Content Producer and inclusive instructional designer Lori Kallestad and Senior Content Producer Tino Truong, as well as, the entire designer and graphics team (if I’ve missed anyone, I’m truly sorry).
Azure Storage Essential Training
With this course (over 2 hours) on your side, you will be equipped to learn and understand Azure Storage’s essential features and capabilities. By the end of the course, you’ll have everything you need to build and manage your own Azure Storage solutions.
I highly encourage you to get access to this course directly from the LinkedIn Learning platform here.
In this course, you’ll learn the essentials of building and managing Azure Storage solutions, such as Azure Files, Azure Blobs, and Azure Queues.
We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we loved producing it.
Thank you for reading my blog.
If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment.